Explore our Services >>>
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS CONCERNING YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
The following information supplements the information contained in our Privacy Notice contained within and applies solely to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California ("consumers” or “you”). We are providing this information to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used herein.
By selecting your privacy preferences via the banner on this website or continuing to use this website and/or the products or services within, you consent to the collection of your personal information in accordance with your preferences and/or as described in the policy below.
Information We Collect
Our website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (‘personal information”). In particular, our website has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumer visitors in the last twelve (12) months:
- Category A: Identifiers
- Examples may include: A real name, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
- Category B: Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80).
- Examples may include: A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Examples may include: Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
Personal Information Does Not Include:
- Publicly available information from government records, de-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We obtain the categories of information listed above from the following groups of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from the forms you complete on our website.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website or interactions with our business partners.
Use of Personal Information:
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a banking product or service, to conduct a transaction, or to ask a question, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry or request.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your requests for assistance, including to investigate and address your concerns or possible fraud and to monitor and improve our responses.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulation.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter into a contract that describes the purpose for which the information is shared and require the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except for performing the contracted services.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose: In the past twelve (12) months, Provident Bank has disclosed personal information for a business purpose as described above.
- Sales of Personal Information: In the past twelve (12) months, Provident Bank has not sold personal information.
- Your Rights and Choices: The CCPA provides California resident consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. The following section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a product or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with your, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products or services to identify and repair errors that impair the existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code §1546 et. Seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation, make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please contact us at 866.3778090 or submit a verifiable consumer request to us by sending us a message on our website. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provided will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically by electronic mail communication.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-in Rights
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out)”). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time. To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting our website and sending us a message.
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by visiting our website and sending us a message. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny your products or services.
- Charge you different fees or rates for products or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of products or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different fee or rate for products or services of a different level or quality of product or service.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different fee, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Changes to This Information
We reserve the right to amend this information at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this information, we will post the updated information on the website and update the information’s effective date. Your continued use of our website following e posting of the changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this information, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us, as follows:
- Via telephone: call us at 866.3778090.
- Via our website: please send us an electronic message.
- In writing: please write to us at the address listed on our website.